Moving maps to another server
- Migrate your WordPress with any WordPress import/export tool. Some parts of the map settings are stored in wp_posts table (note: you may have a prefix different from "wp_") - this step migrates that part;
- Manually copy all wp_mapsvg_* tables from old server to the new one via phpMyAdmin
- If WordPress on the old server was installed in a /subfolder and WordPress on the new server is installed in the root - you'll need to fix the SVG file path:
- Open your WordPress MySQL database in phpMyAdmin
- Find the table wp_posts
- Find the post with ID = your map ID
- Edit post_content field. The field content is long so it may be easier to copy the content to a text editor.
- Search for a word "source". SVG file path goes right after it. Remove the subfolder from the filepath and save the content back to the post_content field.
- If you uploaded custom SVG files - upload them again to the new server by clicking on the "Upload SVG file" button on MapSVG start screen. Or copy the files manually via FTP from
wp-content/uploads/mapsvg folder to the same location on the new server.