Before you choose and download your most preferred blank map of Italy, here are some interesting facts about the country.
Italy (the Italian Republic) is located in the south of Europe. Its diverse coastline is bounded by the Adriatic Sea, the Sea of Sicily, the Ionian Sea, the Ligurian Sea, and the Tyrrhenian Sea. They all are part of the Mediterranean sea.
The northern border of the country is shared with France, Switzerland, Austria, and Slovenia. There are also two countries within the territory of Italy- the Vatican City and San Marino.
The Landscape And Regions
The northern border is formed by mountains. The Alps stretch from France to Slovenia. The second mountain range, the Apennines, forms the backbone of the entire peninsula.
Italy boasts beautiful lakes. According to Encyclopedia Britannica, there are about 1,500 lakes in Italy.
The largest and most important lakes are Garda, Maggiore, Como, Iseo, and Lugano. They are found at the foothills of the Alps in the northern region of the country.
The coastline relief is varied, ranging from high rocky areas to famous sandy beaches.
The most important plain in Italy is the Po valley with the Po river running through it. The valley extends from the foothills of the Alps on the north to Venice on the north-east.
Italy is divided into fifteen regions and five autonomous regions.
- The regions include:
Abruzzo, Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Emilia-Romagna, Lazio (Latium), Liguria, Lombardia, Marche, Molise, Piemonte (Piedmont), Puglia (Apulia), Toscana (Tuscany), Umbria, and Veneto.
- The autonomous regions are:
Friuli Venezia Giulia; Sardegna (Sardinia); Sicilia (Sicily); Trentino-Alto Adige (Trentino-South Tyrol) or Trentino-Suedtirol (German); Valle d’Aosta (Aosta Valley) or Vallee d’Aoste (French).
- Italy occupies an area of 302,073 km2 (116,631 sq mi) according to Britannica.
- The most important islands that belong to Italy include Sardinia, Sicily, Capri, Elba, Ischia, and the Aeolian Island group.
- The capital of Italy is Rome.
- The official language is Italian. There are many local dialects.
- The population of Italy was 60,340,000 in 2019, which makes it the 23rd most populated country in the world.
- More than 70% of people live in cities.
- There are three active volcanoes: Vesuvius, Etna, and Stromboli.
- Monte Bianco, known also as Mont Blanc (4,807 meters [15,771 feet]), is the highest peak in Italy and in Europe. Its summit is located on the French side of the mountain.
- The Apennines are home to wild boars, wolves, asps, and bears.
- There are fifty-five UNESCO sites in Italy, the most of any country on the World Heritage List.
- The national dish is pasta, but the cuisine includes a large variety of regional dishes. Italy is also famous for pizza.
- Italy is home to 60% of the world’s art treasures.
- Italy is the leading wine producer in the world, and also its top exporter.
- Vatican City is an independent state located in the city of Rome, so Rome is sometimes called the capital of two states.
- Italy is the birthplace of opera and ballet.
- The functioning University of Bologna is the oldest university in the Western world. It was established in 1088.
- Grotta Gigante, which means ‘giant cave’, is the world’s largest tourist cave. Its central cavern is 107 m (351 ft) high, 130 m (430 ft) long, and 65 m (213 ft) wide.
The Best Blank Map Of Italy For Download
Blank SVG vector map of Italy
This is a blank vector map of Italy. You can make the map interactive with the MapSVG WordPress map plugin. It can be used for any custom project.
Blank Map of Italy Showing Regions, Provinces and Communes
Blank Map of Italy Draw
Blank Map of Autonomous Regions of Italy
Blank Map of Italy With Neighbouring Countries
Blank Map of Italy With Regions
Blank Map of Italy With Transparent Background
Blank Map of Italy With Region Names
Blank Map of Italy With Coasts and Borders
Blank Map of Italian Regions in Different Colors
Blank Map of Italy – Black
Blank Map of Italian Regions
Blank Map of Italy
Blank Map of Italy, Black
Colored Map of Italy
Color Map of Italian Regions
Colored Outline Map of Italy
Colored Map of Italian Regions and Provinces
Colored Outline Map of Italy With Region Names
Flag Map of Italy With Regions
Flag Map of Italy With Region Borders
Green Blank Map of Italy
Hydrography Map of Italy
Italy 3D Blank Map
Italian Regions in Different Colors
Italian Region Names
Italy Map on Paper Cut
Italy Hand Drawn Map
Italy Map With Paper Cut Effect
Italy SVG Map
Italy 3D Blank Map
3D Map of Italian Region
Map of Italy (without Labels)
Network Mesh on White Background
Outline Map of Italy
Outline Map of Italy With Shadows
Outline Map of Italy Without Borders
Outline Map of Italy
Outline Map of Italy With Transparent Background
Printable Map of Italy
Regions Map of Italy
If you enjoyed reading this article with blank map of Italy, you should read these as well: