This is a compilation of maps where whichever blank map of Canada you need is available. It includes maps of rivers and lakes, the coastline, the provinces and territories, maps with capitals starred, relief elevation of Canada, and more.
Canada – A Quick Country Overview
Canada is the second-largest country in the world, occupying an area of 9,984,670 sq km (or 3,855,103 sq mi). It is located in the northern part of North America.
It borders with the USA to the south, and the rest of the territory is encircled by three oceans- the Atlantic in the east, the Arctic Ocean in the north, and the Pacific in the west.
The capital is Ottawa, and there are two official languages: English and French. Over 81% of the 37,512,000 inhabitants live in urban areas, according to the Encyclopedia Britannica. The largest cities are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Ottawa.
The Head of State is the British monarch, Queen Elizabeth II.
The name of the country seems to originate with the Huron-Iroquois word ‘kanata’, which means “village” or “settlement”. The indigenous inhabitants were native Americans(the First Nations) and the Inuit peoples.
Provinces and Territories
Canada has two types of administrative divisions: provinces and territories.
Provinces receive their authority from the Constitution Act (1867). There are 10 provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.
Territories are empowered by the Parliament of Canada. The 3 territories include Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
- Canada is one of the world’s most sparsely populated countries, despite its size. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, the density of population is 4.2 per sq km (or 10.8 per sq mi)
- Nine out of ten Canadians live in the US – Canada border region. This is an area covering 160 square kilometers/ 99 square miles.
- About 1.4 million Canadians refer to themselves as belonging to the indigenous people.
- Lakes and wetlands cover about 1/5 of Canada’s total area. These include the world’s largest surface of freshwater, The Great Lakes. They form part of the US border. There are also Great Bear and Great Slave lakes, and Manitoba and Winnipeg lakes.
- The longest river is Mackenzie, with 4,241 kilometers (or 2,635 miles). St. Lawrence is the largest river flowing into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Canada is the world leader in uranium mining. The largest uranium mine in the world is at Cigar Lake in northern Saskatchewan.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world made up of 52,455 islands across the area of 243,042 kilometers (151,019 miles).
- The life expectancy in Canada is 79.3 years for men, and 84.5 years for women.
- Canada’s border with the contiguous United States to the south and the U.S. state of Alaska to the northwest forms the longest border in the world not patrolled by military forces. It covers an area of 8,891 km (5,525 mi).
- Three Canadian islands are among the top ten biggest islands by area in the world. They are: Baffin Islands (507,451 sq km/195,928 sq mi ), Victoria Island (217,291 sq km/83,896 sq mi ) and Ellesmere Island (196,236 sq km/75,767 sq mi).
- The highest mountain in Canada is Mount Logan with 5,959 m (19,551 ft). It is located in the Yukon Territory.
- Canada is among the top ten countries with the world’s largest oil reserves. With under 170 billion barrels, it stands in the third position, which represents a 9.8% share of the global resource.
Curated List Of the Best Blank Maps Of Canada
Free blank SVG vector map of Canada
You can download a blank vector map of Canada and make it interactive with the MapSVG WordPress map plugin. You can also use it in any custom project.
Blank Canada Map Colored
Blank map of Canada PNG image with transparent background
Blank Map of Canada with Longitudes
Blank map Provinces and territories of Canada transparent background PNG
Blank Map with Provinces, Territories, Capitals and Major City Names
This is a jpg map, and it will print out to make 8.5 x 11 blank Canada map.
Blank Map with Rivers
Boundaries, Provinces, Territories
Boundaries, Provinces, Territories, Names
Canada Blank Map
Canada Blank Map
Canada Blank Map, Red
Canada Blank Physical Map
Canada – Capitals Starred
Canada – Capitals Starred and Provinces Labeled
Canada – Capitals Starred, Provinces Numbered
Canada – Coastline Map
This map features only the coastline.
Canada – Provinces Outlined
Canada – Provinces Outlined and Labeled
Canada Map showing NTS Grid Coverage
Canada Map with Provinces
Canada Physiographic Regions
Canada Provinces and Territories Blank Map
Canada Provinces and Territories Labeled
Canada SVG Map
Canada with Province
This is a printable blank map with no names.
Coastline Map of Canada
Coastline Map of Canada with Latitudes
Colored Outline Map with Provinces
Hydrography Map of Canada
Main Rivers and Lakes of Canada
Multicolor Map of Canada
Outline Map of Canada
Outline Map of Canada (unlabeled)
Outline Map with Main Cities
Population Density Map of Canada
Printable Map of Canada
Provinces And Territories Of Canada Blank Map
Provinces of Canada
Relief Elevation Map of Canada
Simple Blank Map of Canada
If you enjoyed reading this article with blank maps of Canada, you should read these as well: