So, you want a blank map of Spain, right? We’ve got plenty.
But first, let’s learn more about the country.
On the map of Europe, Spain lies in the southwestern extremity. It is located on the Iberian Peninsula.
Spain occupies around 85% of the land area here. The other 15% is part of Spain’s neighbor, Portugal.
Below are some interesting facts about Spain, followed by a list of links, each leading to a blank map of Spain.
The surface of Spain covers 505,990 square kilometers or 195,360 square miles. It is the largest country in southern Europe.
It is the second-largest country in the European Union and the fourth largest in the European continent.
The largest city in Spain is Madrid, which is also its capital. It is at the very center of the country and is central to Spain’s road system.
In the middle of Madrid is the Puerta del Sol (The Sun Gate). Other major cities include:
Besides bordering Portugal in the west, Spain shares a land border with France in the north. Squeezed between these two countries lies the small principality of Andorra.
In the southernmost tip is Gibraltar, which used to be part of Spain, but is now British.
There are large differences between Spain’s regions. These differences include climate, landscape, customs, and languages.
Besides Spanish, there are four other official languages:
With all its diversity, Spain has much to offer to its visitors. It is the third most popular tourist destination in the world, only after France and the USA.
These are some of the most famous things from Spain.
In Spain, bullfighting has ancient roots. Not enjoyed by everyone, it involves one bull and three matadors in a fight to the death.
An afternoon nap or break of around three hours. Most Spaniards and many other Mediterraneans enjoy this break.
Tapas, or small bites, are enjoyed in the many bars in Spain. Drinking and eating is a great opportunity to catch up with friends.
Originally from Valencia, paella is a rice dish, garnished with seafood and meat or fish. This is probably the most famous product from Spanish cuisine.
Art is everywhere in Spain, but a live Flamenco dance is something to behold.
Vineyards cover almost 3,000,000 acres of Spain’s land area. That is more than any other country in the world.
Spain is a land of tomatoes and festivals, resulting in many tomato festivals. La Tomatina is the most famous of these.
Sangria is famous around the world. Not much is known about this alcoholic drink, except that it is from Spain.
Ibiza is an island off the east coast of Spain, known for its nightlife and parties. The most famous DJs in the world often perform there.
Picasso has had a tremendous influence on the 20th-century global art scene. He worked on ceramics, paintings, prints, sculptures, and set making.
Spanish football, or soccer, is loved around the world. One of the most famous matches is the one between Real Madrid and Barcelona, two of the best teams in Europe.
MapSVG offers a map of Spain. This vector map is free to download and use.
Use this blank map with the MapSVG WordPress map plugin to make it interactive. Or use it as-is for any professional or personal project.
If you enjoyed reading this article with blank map of Spain, you should read these as well: