A blank map is an excellent tool for learning the geographical and geophysical makeup of a country such as India. Blank country maps are popular with teachers and scholars interested in education.
This article is a help to find a good blank map or a map with a specific legend or boundaries. There is a list with links to sites with blank maps of India.
India is located on the large peninsula of South Asia. The official capital, New Delhi, is a newer city built in the twentieth century.
Its location is just south of the old city of Delhi and serves as the administrative center of the country. India is a constitutional republic with a very diverse population.
The nation consists of hundreds of languages and thousands of ethnic groups.
India is the largest democracy in the world. It is also, after China, the second-largest country by population.
Geographically, its largest borders are with China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal. It also shares borders with Myanmar, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka.
India’s official name is the Republic of India.
Outside the mainland, there are two large archipelagos. The first one is Lakshadweep, and the second one is Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The mainland stretches from Jammu and Kashmir in the north to Tamil Nadu in the south. The western extremity is Gujarat and the eastern is Tamil Nadu.
Interesting Facts about India
There are many stereotypes and prejudices regarding India. But India shows that the truth is very different.
It is an enormous country with a great variety of cultures, languages, cuisines, and dress. Here are some facts that generally apply to the whole country.
- Most Indians consider cows a sacred animal
- Hinduism, which is not a polytheistic religion, is the oldest in the world
- India has more inhabitants than the whole western hemisphere
- The wettest populated place is in India
- There are over 300,000 Muslim mosques and more than two million Hindu temples
- India has the largest number of professed vegetarians
- Every single day, 100,000 individuals receive food at the Golden Temple of Amritsar. Anyone regardless of caste, race, or religion can go there for a meal
- There is a Temple of Rats in Rajasthan
- India has 22 official languages
- The Chenab Bridge is the highest railroad bridge in the world
- The oldest diamonds were mined in India
- The game of chess originated in India
- 70% of the world’s spices come from India
- Varanasi has been continuously inhabited for more than 5000 years. This is longer than anywhere else in the world
- Rockstar Freddie Mercury was born in India
Blank Maps of India to Download
Free Blank SVG Vector Map Of India
MapSVG offers a blank vector map of India. The user can make this map interactive using the MapSVG WordPress map plugin, or use it as it is.
India Coast Outline
Printable Blank Map of India
Blank Map of India with Boundaries
India Locator Map Blank
Blank Map of India Grey
Physical Blank Map of India
Blank Hydrography Map of India
India & the Indian Ocean
Colored Blank Map of India
Blank Map of India
India map blank png
India Coast and Borders
Blank Map of India | Outline Map of India
India Hydrography Outline Map
India Map with States
Simple Outline Map of India
Map of India Coast
Map of India with Territory Boundaries
Map of India with State Names Transparent Background
India Outline Map
India Boundaries Outline
India Rajasthan Locator Map
India Disputed Areas Map
Blank Map with Delhi Location
Map Extreme Points Of India
India Map with Cities
Printable Map of India
India Districts Map
Map of India with Outlined States
India Outline Map with Neighboring Countries
India Outline Map with States & Union Territories
3d Flag Map of India
India Monochrome Map
India Satellite Map
India Political Map
Indian Outline Map
Map of Indian Subcontinent
India Map with State Names
Map of India with Transparent Background
India Vector Map with States in Different Colors
Map of India with State Names Colored
India Outline Map With States Names in Different Colors
Map of India with State Names
Map of India With States in Different Colors
Map of India in Red
Colored 3D Map of India
Another Colored 3D Map of India
Outline Map of Indian States
If you enjoyed reading this article with blank maps of India, you should read these as well: